Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Facebook for my Women in Aviation Mini-Museum Project

Next year, I'm going to be putting a bit of my women in aviation collection into an exhibit at the Laramie County Public Library, here in Cheyenne. I've got a year to get all the pieces mounted properly for exhibit. Of course once I get the exhibits all ready to go, I want to share them with other people, and what I'm thinking of is creating a Mini Museum - renting a store front here in town and putting the collection on display.

I'm doing research into how I can popularize this idea and get people to come to Cheyenne to see the museum. (Of course, they'd come here for other reasons first - nice as I hope my mini-museum will be I seriously doubt if someone in Florida will travel to Cheyenne just to see it!)

Publicity is so important - if no one knows about it, no one will come.

I've been looking at putting bits of it online as a virtual museum, and putting links to the various social media on each page, so that if someone on Facebook visits a page and likes it, they can "share" it with their entire network - which of course would be a big win.

So I've been looking into how much Facebook shares cost.  Shares as in "page shares" - not stock shares! There are businesses that can do this for you - but of course getting Facebook shares cost money. So if you've got a business that you're trying to popularize, check out such websites as
www.facebooklikesbuy.com/vm/facebook-shares and see what they can do for you.

Meantime, I've got to start doing some serious work on my mini- museum idea!




·      

No comments: